Monday, April 18, 2016

Sweet Baby Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotligh)


Hi everyone :o)

Today is my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this Sweet Baby Card, a welcome card for my friend's baby girl, born yesterday. :o)



For this card I used three Jane's Doodles stamp sets: 'Special Delivery', 'Read All About It' and 'Coffee Time'.

First I made a background on a white watercolor paper panel. I  heat embossed stars in white and then stamped couple stars with VersaMark to get watermark images. Then I colored the panel, blending Distress Inks (Wilted Violet and Dusty Concord), creating an Ombré Effect. When I was satisfied with the color, I splattered the panel with water. To brighten up the panel, I lifted up distress ink from stars. I saw this technique at Jennifer McGuire Ink. I love the magic Distress Inks make!! :o)

Image is paper pieced. I stamped three images, one directly on the panel and two more on the watercolor paper. First I colored baby's face with colored pencils and after all others parts in watercolor technique using Distress Ink Wilted Violet. I fussy cut parts I needed, colored edges with black marker and glued all parts together. I added white highlights with a white pen on the image and covered stroller wheels with resin gel to create glossy accents.



After the gloss resin was dry, I heat embossed a sentiment on the card base, cut off excess parts of the panel and glued it on a white cardstock paper card base. I embellished card with couple of white enamel dots, drew tiny white dots all over the panel and my card was finished. :o)


Card dimensions: 93 mm x 127 mm (3 11/16" x 5")


List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Special Delivery' stamp set (baby in a stroller, sentiment 'sweet baby')
  • Jane's Doodles 'Read All About It' stamp set (stars)
  • Jane's Doodles 'Coffee Time' stamp set (sentiment 'Hello')
  • white cardstock paper (card base)
  • white watercolor paper
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks
    • Wilted Violet
    • Dusty Concord
  • TOZ colored pencils: skin color and pink
  • Stabilo Pen (Marker) 68/46 Black
  • Unibal Signo White
  • Create a Smile 'Snow Dance' Enamel Stickers
  • UHU universal Glue
  • double sided strong adhesive tape
  • Gloss Resin Super Clear
  • MS scoring board
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • Sigma Rotary Paper Trimmer
  • scissors
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • polymer stamp handle (38 mm x 38 mm)
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
  • Tim Holtz's Blending Tool
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
  • crafting needle
  • powder bag
  • paper towels
  • water



I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text is a direct link to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Crafting By Designs, April Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Crafty Calendar Challenge, April Anything Goes Challenge

3) Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge, Challenge #32 - Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Crafty Milka

5 comments:

  1. Awwww... How cute!!! Fabulous baby card, with amazing details! Love, love it!! Purple is one of my favourite colours and you have used a lot of wonderful techniques and so well done! Your card is a great inspiration, thanks for sharing!
    I pinned it! :)
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524482429737/

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaa.... divno, milka!
    pozz s otoka! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. predivna je!
    sviđa mi se jako pozadina!
    danas sam dobila tvoju poštu!
    hvala ti od ❤ puno!
    obožavam micu na čestitki.
    nikako da si skupim da kupim te mice.

    Bad Kitty's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card and a lovely colour. Thanks so much for playing this time at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree {DT Lil Patch of Crafty Friends}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love the colour you chose too! Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...